Saturday, June 11, 2005

Oh My, Oh My!

Here is the final product. I finished it off with some whipped cream piped on top.


chocmoussecake
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

It is amazing. My husband said this is better than anything you could get in a restaurant.

After being refrigerated for four hours the flavor had intensified to an incredible degree. It is so very rich and chocolaty with the slight sharp bite of a truly good dark chocolate. The whipped cream on top is a nice counterpoint to the intensity of chocolate mousse below. When you bite into the strawberries tucked inside they add a nice hidden sweetness. The mouth feel of the mousse itself is silky smooth; it literally melts in your mouth. The crunch of the chocolate cookie crust on the bottom was a delicious contrast to all of that luscious silken chocolate mousse on top.

And the best part, it is very easy to make. I admit you do have to use three bowls, but that is what a dishwasher is for. Oh and I highly recommend that you melt the chocolate in a microwave. It is, for me, easier than a double boiler and there is none of the battle to transfer the chocolate from the pan to the bowl after it has melted.

This one is a keeper.


No comments: