Monday, July 18, 2005

It’s Harry’s Fault

I did it. I finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince late last night. I stayed up late reading the previous night as well.

I didn’t go to my bookseller Friday night to pick up my copy. I considered it, but I’m not that impatient. It was late, I was tired and I knew once I got it I would start reading it. I waited till Saturday morning while I was out running errands.

I did the bulk of my reading at night, after the kids were tucked in bed. I would do little snatches during the day, but night time was best. No interruptions, just me, the book and a messy house. I can be a voracious reader when inspired by the right book. Once I dive into a good one, it is very hard for me to tear myself away. With this one I kept saying, just one more chapter.

The book is quite good. By the end I was emotionally drained. I had also raced through it because I wanted to know who got bumped off. I had my theories, but there is no way I would ask anybody for the details. I’d touch on the book with Meryl a little, just to tell her where I was in the book, but I wasn’t ready to discuss it. I had to finish the book first.

As a result I’m a bit tired today and it’s all Harry’s fault.

No comments: