Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring Snow

I had to share with you this late night picture from the first full day of spring.

springsnow
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

Yes, that is snow.

The past day and half the weather forecasters had been predicting all sorts of doom. Meryl and I took it with a grain of salt.

Today dawned cold wet and gray. It rained on and off all day long. For a brief moment, and I do mean brief (30 seconds tops), I got treated to the sound of sleet pinging against my car’s windshield as I puttered about doing errands. Meryl and I even joked about the horrific driving conditions and deep snow we had to wade through, not.

Then tonight as I sat on the couch watching the evening news they showed a shot of the snow falling outside.

What?

I got up and checked and it is indeed snowing. We have a ¼ inch and we may get more before the storm is over. But it will all be gone by morning.

So enjoy this picture of crabapple flower buds in the snow.

Update:
Well I was wrong, the snow is still here this morning. But, it is melting fast.

springsnow2
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

The kids were very excited this morning. School, however, is still on.

No comments: