Friday, April 14, 2006

Caramel Matzoh Crunch

I tried out a new treat this year for Passover. I actually found the recipe last year near the end of Passover and never tried it. This year I rediscovered it while I was rifling through my recipes for something new. It looked easy so decided to give it a shot.

It is very tasty. Of course how can you go wrong combining brown sugar, butter and chocolate? The matzoh makes for a nice crunchy base that doesn’t compete with the yummyness on top.

The recipe was created by Marcy Goldman and is from her “A Treasury of Jewish Holiday Baking.” It is reprinted here with her permission.

It is a snap to make and I got to use my Silpat instead of parchment paper.

I don’t have any pictures, but you can see an image over here (you have to scroll down).

No comments: