Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Artist of the Week: Dragon


NateReadingToRebecca
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.
This week's artist is Nate.

I love this picture of him reading to Rebecca. It is just a delightful moment of two siblings together.

Anyway, dragons have been an ongoing theme around here and Nate made a wonderful series of them a week or so ago.

This is one of his drawings. Not only does it have a dragon, but it also features a moose and a squirrel. (Hee ! Moose and Squirrel, I've got to find some episodes of "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" for my kids.)


dragonflying
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


But surprise, surprise, I digress.

Nate has developed his own style right down to the trees. His trees always tower above all in his pictures. I watched a short performance his Sunday school class put on last Hanukkah. He had opted not to perform, but instead helped make the backdrop. I easily picked out his trees. His dragon has its own personality as well. It is different from the ones I have made and is entirely his creation.

I love watching my children's art evolve.

No comments: