Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Artist of the Week: Drawing


ready to pitch
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
After a bit of a hiatus, AOTW is back!

Nate is this week's artist. The picture of Nate on the pitcher's mound is courtesy of Aunt Meryl who happened to be there, camera in hand, for the second game Nate got to pitch. Which is far better than me, I forgot my camera for the first game he pitch. But in all fairness I didn't know he was pitching until I strolled up to the field.

If you click on the picture it will take you to a set of photos arranged in sequence. Some very cool stuff from Aunt Meryl.

Now for the art:

woman
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar


Nate brought this drawing to just a few days ago. My jaw fairly dropped when I saw it. I think it is a very accomplished portrait of a woman. What makes it particular interesting is that up until now Nate has only draw various aircraft and landscapes with moose and or dragons. I've always liked his moose, but I had no idea he had this in him.

It's kind of fitting since I have been watching a wonderful study of women in art courtesty of Janis.

No comments: