Monday, March 31, 2008

Back to the Salt Mines

Spring break is over and the kids are back in school.

We had a pretty good week. We got to sleep in, go to the National Zoo and went up north for a Bat Mitzvah. And when I say up North, I mean all the waaaaay up to the Connecticut/New York suburbs of NYC.

The drive was not to bad, 7 1/2 hours on the way up which is warp speed compared top some of our epic 12 hour slogs. Coming back was an hour longer due to stopping for both lunch and dinner and a massive jam around Fredericksburg on I95. I have no idea what was going on, but when we saw an exit just before traffic ground to a halt, we bailed out and threaded our way through Freddysburg on route 1. When 1 crossed under 95 just South of Fredericksburg we popped back on and were treated to smooth sailing. Northbound wasn't so lucky and had at least a 10 mile backup.

I'll share pictures of all our adventures after I get the film developed. It stinks not having a digital camera anymore. I hope it turns up this weekend when Hebrew schools resumes. I'm pretty sure that's where I left it.

No comments: