Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Artist of the Week: Book


Jake
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
This week's artist is Jake.

It's getting harder and harder to get pictures of him. The Halloween photo is fine (since he's in costume) and he barely tolerates the mandatory annual/holiday photo. The rest of the year I have to get them on the sly. This is one I was able to crop out of the group photos from his band field trip. It's a testimony of how good the camera is even with extreme cropping, the picture still has a fair amount of resolution left.

Anyway, back to my post.

I was digging through some old papers when I found a little book Jake made last year with one of his classmates. I don't remember it, it must have gotten mixed in with the vast amount of stuff Jake dragged home at the end of the year. I found it to be utterly charming.


cover
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
It is a take off on the old "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck" tongue twister. It details the reason why you never see a woodchuck chuck wood. If you click onto the cover you can then check out the whole book over at Flickr. I even retyped the story.

I love the pictures and the little Anglicism at the end cracks me up. I have no Idea where that came from, except that we do watch a fair amount of Monty Python.

No comments: