Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Backpacks and Black Holes

I don't know how it is with other families, but I find that backpacks have a tendency to become black holes or at the very least wormholes to another universe.

Notes to and from teachers, homework assignments and party invitations have all disappeared into the maw a backpack, never to be see again.

Max has been tasked this week to hand out three party invitations for his and Rebecca's party this coming weekend. So far the invites have been unable to break free of the gravity well in his backpack. Monday was understandable because it was a half day, during the short day Max was a bit overwhelmed by the accelerated pace. Today he was again unable to do the task and he realy didn't have any good reason for it. I'm starting to think that maybe I should hand them out at lunch when I stopped by the school tomorrow. I'm baking sugar cookies for both Max and Rebecca's classes as a birthday treat and I'll be stopping by at lunch time.

No comments: