Friday, May 14, 2010

Crunch Time

The school year has just a hair over a month left so it's crunch time for all sorts of big projects.

Nate has been working hard on a big family history project. He had to interview his oldest and most accessible living relative and come up with a display project for family history day. My mom, his Nana, was chosen to be the interview subject. He had a big list of questions and spent almost an hour on the phone with Nana. It was obvious that the two of them were having a great time talking about Nana's life and times. From that interview he was able to assemble a small book about his Nana. I gave him a goodly number of pictures of my mother from when she was an infant up to when Max and Rebecca were new on the scene. As for the project, Nate decided on family heirlooms. We took pictures of 10 or so items (most were too bulky and/or too valuable to be dragged to school) and displayed the captioned pictures in my Grandmother's suitcase.

Both projects turned out quite well and I'm kicking myself for forgetting my camera when I went to see the big display at school. Ah well, you'll just have to trust me, I'm just glad I was able to pop on over to the school on Thursday.

No comments: