Thursday, August 05, 2010

Ahoy There!


Kayak
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Speaking of perfect shots, I got this one of Nate and Rebecca at around the same time as Jake. Again it's straight out of the camera. I feel obligated to point out that I take many pictures that don't come out nearly as well. I just keep shooting and eventually I get a few diamonds that don't need polishing.

Anyhoodle, one of the many advantages of staying with family is the vast array of stuff we can borrow. There is a boathouse near the beach and it has a variety of small craft therein. Nate eyeballed the kayaks and wondered if we could use them. I asked my cousin's partner and she said we were free to use theirs as long as we were careful of both the kayak and our selves.

We hauled out the kayak, found a suitable life-vest amongst the piles, and then Nate got a quick lesson on how to kayak. He turned out to be a complete natural. He loved gliding along the shore and was more than happy to take his younger siblings out for a paddle (the kayak was designed to hold an adult plus one child).

It looked like great fun. Next time I'll have to wrest it away from Nate for a bit.

No comments: