Friday, February 25, 2011

MCP Project 52: View From Here


Crocus
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
It's the eighth week in MCP Project 52 and the theme was "the view from here."

I spied the first crocus of the season pushing its way through the leaves while weeding in preparation for spring. To capture the idea of "the view from here" I laid down amongst the leaves to get just the right angle. I find it is always worthwhile to get to the same level as your subject. and this time was not the exception.

I put the lens right up to the flowers and set my little point and shoot on Macro, thus creating the lovely bokeh in the background. Laying there I fired off about 15 shots. In the end I got about 3 pictures I liked with this one being the best. I'm fairly pleased with the end result.

1 comment:

Chuck Stull said...

It's nice to see signs of Spring. In Kalamazoo everything is covered with ice, then snow. It'll be over a month before we see crocus.