Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mister Toad Wishes a Happy Birthday to Jake

Mister Toad by Teckelcar
Mister Toad, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Today I didn't take any pictures or drive anywhere with my children.

Instead I let my newly minted 15 year old laze about the house and watch too much TV. Meanwhile, I made his favorite dinner, beef ribs with the added bonus of hand cut french fries. As for his birthday cake, it was a decadent cheesecake I had whipped up Monday night.

It wasn't terribly exciting, but it was a nice way to spend the day.

As for the toad, Jake and I agreed he needed a hat and cane. Thus for my very silly boy, who has grown and matured so much this year, I made it so.

Happy birthday Jake!

(I did try posting this Wednesday night, but Blogger went a little crazy and I decided to try again in the morning)


Diane said...

Congratulations to Jake (and you and your hubby) on another year! Here in WI we can get our learner's permit at fifteen and six months - could you possibly have a fledgling driver before the year is up?

Sarah said...

Yes, he gleefully informed me of this a few months ago. This winter I'll be living in interesting times.

Diane said...

=) May your insurance rates not go up too much!