Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Oh Deer

Deer by Teckelcar
Deer, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
When I say we have a lot of deer in the neighborhood, this is what I'm talking about.

Normally we have just a couple of does and several fawns (one doe always seems to have twins, it must be something in the water). Very rarely will there be a buck. This year, however, we have seen a buck fairly often with our resident does. This small family grouping is part of a larger herd that I was able to photograph last week.

The photo quality is terrible, but in my defense it was twilight and the deer were not going to stay still and let me get close enough for the flash to work.  That said, you can plainly see the buck, he is on the right side of the herd. Also this may look like a lot of deer, but quite a few had left by the time I got outside with the camera. This is just a small portion of the deer popution in my neighborhood.

So yeah, gardening is kind of pointless with this amount of deer in the area.

No comments: