Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Artist of the Week: Snow and Sky

Snow and Sky by Teckelcar
Snow and Sky, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I'm not sure who or what to credit this, except I was the one to notice it and take a picture.

We love our new skylights that were installed when we had the roof redone last year. The windows are so clear, it is almost as though there is nothing separating us from the elements. That said thety do an excellent job keeping out the weather and keeping in the heat.

This morning they were covered with a layer of snow. As the sun came up the snow slowly slumped down the windows. I looked up and saw this perfect wave of snow beautifully set off by the bright blue winter sky with a trace of clouds. The black is an artifact of the contrast of the brightly lit skylight and the ceiling.

I thought it was a stunning composition and I'm pleased with how well it turned out.

No comments: