Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday Three:Time Management!

This week’s installment of Axis of Weevil Thursday Three is up over at Terry’s place.

GOOD MORNING, FOLKS! I bet you’re all here wondering what this week’s marvelous collection of Axis of Weevil Thursday Three questions are going to be, huh!

Well, you’ve got good reason to wonder, seeing as how once again all the crush of stupid ol’ work has made it nearly impossible to get anything fun accomplished.

IT IS, THEN, with a great heaving sigh of relief that our intrepid research staff foresaw this eventuality, and submitted a set of emergency backup questions suitable just for such an occasion! ::polite applause::

So, then, from the wilds of East Carolina, we give you the Time Management Thursday Three!

1. Do you usually need a clock to know what time it is or do you have that “time sense”?
2. Can you estimate the time tasks will take or are you always off?
3. Will you do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

There now--and with not a moment to spare! As is always the case, please feel free to leave your answers in the comments section below (if you click on the permalink rather than on the tag that says how many comments there are, it will remember your login data and you won’t have to keep putting it in) OR if you have your very own pretty blog, you can leave a link and answer the questions there. You know, if you have time.
So, go off and think for a minute or two and post your answers. Hurry along now. Go on.

Well I guess I need to get cracking.
  1. I have a fairly good time sense, I can usually estimate within 15-20 minutes of the actual time as long as I’m not reading a good book. I have a tendency to get lost within the story if it is a particularly good read. Anyhow, I developed my time sense after college. When I was at work I did not wear my watch. Most of my work day was spent mucking about in the sterile hoods doing tissue culture and lets face it, you can never get a wristwatch *really* clean. I found that if I didn’t wear a watch my cultures would remain pristine. Then after I left my paying gig for motherhood I stopped wearing a watch when my oldest child was 4 months old. He kept pulling the watch stem and stopping my watch. Now if I really need to know the time I just check my cell phone.

  2. I usually underestimate, but not by too much unless it is packing, then I can be off by an hour or more. I do however give very accurate driving time estimates. This skill was acquired from driving to obscure spots for dog shows. I can look at a map and have a fairly good idea how long it will take to get there.

  3. No! I’m just awful about that. Case in point is the cake I just sent to my brother for his anniversary. I kept procrastinating on ordering the chocolates that they did not get here on time. I just got them yesterday. So I ended up decorating the cake last night and shipping it off today. Although in my defense if I had ordered the chocolates early they probably would have been devoured before I made the cake. However if it is critical that it must be done by such and such a time I will get it done.
Whew! That’s all for now. I’ve had a busy morning and I need to recoup.

No comments: