Thursday, November 03, 2005

Thursday Three: Deep Ponderings!

Since Terry has gotten himself roped into this today he has gotten a wee bit philosophical about this whole blogging thing. To wit:
Today, since I have to get all practiced up for representing the ‘Stupid-Pointless’ branch of bloggerdom in front of a bunch of computer guys, I thought it might be good to do a little introspection to help me get my thoughts together about the topic. In doing so, I figured you could play along as well.
TO THAT END, we now present this week’s Axis of Weevil Thursday Three--Deeply Ponderful Edition!
Now then, answer the following questions either in your own blog and leave a link in the comments below, or use the comments as your substitute blog in case you don’t have one. As usual, anyone is welcome to play along.
SO--
1) If you have a blog, why did you start it? If you don’t have one, do you think you might start one? Why or why not?
2) What blogs do you read most often?
3) Finally, what do you consider to be the greatest strength(s) and most profound weakness(es) of blogging?
Okay, folks--go forth and cogitate, and tell us what you think.
  1. Obviously, since y’all are over here reading this mess, I do indeed have a blog. I started this because... umm, because I’m good friends with Meryl and I had been spending waaaay too much time over in Terry’s comments. Being a stay at home mother of four children I enjoy the pseudo-contact with other adults and I like telling people of some of the absurd things going on here. I also like to share pictures of the things I do and see. One of the nicest side effects is that my mother (Hi Mom!) really loves reading about our goings on and she feels like she is much more a part of her grandchildren’s lives. This is primarily a mommy-blog with forays into food and dog shows. And cakes! I can’t forget about cakes!

  2. Well I read my little link list every day with repeat stops at Terry’s to drop my so-called pearls of wisdom throughout the day. I generally gravitate towards the more humorous and/or parenting end of the spectrum. I avoid the hardcore political blogs, because they generally bore me. A few times a week I check on the CFF website (warning it takes forever to load) to see what is happening in research and drug development.

  3. The greatest strength and weakness is that anybody can have a blog. I love the immediacy, but you have to also be willing to wait and see what develops.  Blogs are truly a yin yang state. I think overall blogging is a positive and is a great tool for freedom of expression. If you don’t like what you see you don’t have to sit there and read it. You are free to go elsewhere and maybe in the process you expand your horizons a little bit.

No comments: