Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Artist of the Week: Magna Doodle

This week’s artist, as per Meryl’s request, is Max.

doodleMax
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

Most Thursdays Max, Rebecca and I get together with Aunt Meryl for lunch. Sometimes it’s fast food, sometimes it’s pancakes and more often or not it is in the cafe section of the “the good Ukrops.” Not all of the cafes at the various Ukrops are created equal. The one closest to Meryl’s new job is particularly bad, but if you drive 15 minutes further you find yourself at a particularly good one hence the nickname.

Last week we met at “the good Ukrops” for lunch. Afterwards we across the parking lot so I could return a DVD we had borrowed from her. It was a trek since I like to park in the shade. It’s worth the longer walk to avoid having the interior of the van becoming a blast furnace.

Anyhoo as I rummaged around the interior of the van to dig out the DVD Max showed Meryl his latest creation on his Magna Doodle. Meryl was quite impressed and told me, nay insisted, that Max should be the next Artist of the Week.

So here is Max’s creation:

Maxdoodle
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

As I recall it was one of his epic Star Wars creations. I’ll update this tomorrow when I have a chance to talk to the artist about his piece.

No comments: