Friday, June 02, 2006

Umm, No

Since this seems to be odd food week in the Axis of Weevil, I thought I should join in with a recent sighting at my local supermarket.

As I was perusing the produce aisle I took a gander at the cauliflower. It is a very pretty vegetable, the creamy white florets nestled in the dark green leaves.

It is picnic time at the school and a request was put out for cut vegetables and I was trying to think what would be a good thing to bring. Then I was brought up short when I spied this:

Orange cauliflower.

I sorry, but that is just wrong. Yes, it may be rich in vitamin A, but it looks awful. Almost pre-rotten so you can skip the “oops I forgot about in the fridge” part and just toss it when you get home.

I’m willing to try a lot of things, but not this.

No comments: