Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Artist of the Week: Legos Times Two


Jake
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

This week’s artist is Jake. This is him from a few weeks ago when we were enjoying spring like weather.

He and his brothers are big Lego fans and are constantly making new creations. Jake takes particular care with his builds. He likes the colors to be symmetrical and for full articulation whenever possible.


lego1
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.
I picked out two this week because I couldn’t decide which I liked more. (If you click on the picture it leads to a small set featuring different angles of both.)The one on the left is a sort of fighter jet; on the right is a walker type vehicle from Star Wars.

I like the stubby little fighter. I know it would mortify him to hear this, but I think it’s cute. The walker is fun with its articulated arm that pulls it along. I like the details he added to the arm of the walker such as the tubing for the hydraulics.

Jake says that both are still works in progress, but I like them just the way they are now.

No comments: