Monday, September 03, 2007

End of Summer

Today was a quiet one. Tomorrow morning all four kids get onto their respective buses and head off to school. And thusly, for our family, summer comes to an end.

We slept in (or at least Larry and I tried to), had a long and leisurely breakfast and went to the pool for one last swim. Well, except for Larry and Max on the swimming part. Larry declined to go and Max declared the water was far too cold. So I phoned home and Larry came down and brought him home.

Tomorrow morning will be chaotic, with lunches to be made and buses to be caught. I have to stop by the school in the morning to drop off Max's enzymes and then I'm on my own.

It's been a long time since I've had the bulk of the day for myself. I'm sure I'll get all sniffly when Max and Rebecca get on the bus, but I'll survive. As one teacher once said about the first day of school "We've never lost a parent."

No comments: