Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Artist of the Week: Again with the Legos


Jake
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Legos are very popular in our household. The kids are always building things and then playing with their creations. Smashups are unavoidable and are, for a brief period, a bit upsetting. But then they can rebuild and/or revise and all is right in the world.

As a result little bits of plastic are strewn about upstairs, littering the stretch of hallway between their rooms and in the bedrooms themselves. They would be downstairs too, but I drew the line there. No Legos are to be brought downstairs or I will chuck them. Period. There is nothing more painful than stepping on one of the smaller pieces with a bare foot. I want to limit my exposure to that particular risk, hence the ban. I now understand why my mother's favorite sound in the world was the distinctive rattle of a Lego as it was vacuumed up.

Anyway this week's artist is Jake and his creation was inspired by Lego magazine.


Spaceship
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
It is a sort of spaceship and I like the care and attention to detail. Jake made sure the pieces match in color and shape.

It's an elegant little vessel and I just plain like it. Especially if it stays upstairs and away from the soles of my bare feet.

No comments: