Thursday, August 28, 2008

A New Season Begins


Nate
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
I resisted for the longest time, but now my baby is a football player.

I don't having anything against football per se, I objected to the daily practices and the niggling concern that our kids are on the small size (We are a family of late bloomers, I grew 4 inches freshman year in college. I went in 5 ft 2 and came out 5 ft 6.)

Nate has been pleading his case for quite some time and I finally agreed this year. During his first practice he got welcomed to the south's other religion, football. One of the coaches, towering above the kids had in all seriousness this to say:

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT PAIN IS?!"

"IT'S WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!"

Oh my, football is serious business down here. Though I have to admit Nate does look pretty darn cute, but don't tell the other players I said that.

No comments: