Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Artist of the Week: Cat


Nate
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
This week's artist is my action guy, Nate.

Nate is one of those kids always in motion. There isn't sport he has encountered that he doesn't want to do. Being a natural athlete and very determined, he quickly gets up to speed. He was so happy to find a body board amongst the beach stuff in the barn at my cousin's house. So what if the water was a bit cold and the waves practically nonexistent, he was going to have fun in the water. And boy did he have fun.

Anyway today's post is about art, not beach fun.

cat
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar

I was going through some old papers when this little kitty showed up. I vaguely remembered when he brought it home, but it got lost in the vast amount of paper the kids bring from school.

It is based on the style of a particular artist, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. I asked Nate and he couldn't either. The closest I could get was the wonderful print of 100 Cats and A Mouse. The cats are not quite the same, but they are close. If any of y'all out there can name the artist please drop a note in the comments. It's maddening not be able to remember. I do like this beastie and Nate made a good use of color. It pops from the page without being garish.

No comments: