Sunday, September 28, 2008

Loooong Day

Today I got up at 4:30 (or as I called it, o dark thirty) in the morning to schlep up to northern Virginia for a dog show. I could of stayed at a friend's house, but in the end it was easier to just get up early.

Now why 4:30? Well the red boys had a ring time of 9:00 am.

When I entered the boys in the show I was hoping for a far more civilized time such as 11:00, but that was not the case. (You don't know what your ring time is until a week after you enter.)

So I loaded up the car as much as I could last night and parked it in the driveway so I could just load up the dogs and go. John was fascinated by my preparations and shadowed me in the garage. When I picked up the dog show tack box he started whining in anticipation. By the time I got to bath time he was twirling about in excitement. Dell was a little less enthused.

I planned for a three hour drive and decided I should leave at 5:00. In reality it was more like quarter past, but I really needed to sit down and eat my breakfast. It was a long drive with rain and fog, but it was far less than my 3 hour guesstimate. I'm so glad I didn't skip my breakfast.

I was able to meet up with my friends and the boys showed well. So well that Dell won winners dog and best of winners. John was hampered by my handling, next time I'll wear shoes that aren't so slippery.

It was a heck of a drive, but it certainly wasn't pointless ;)

As it stands Dell now has three points and John has one.

No comments: