Friday, January 30, 2009

Frosty Morning


us frostbox
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
This morning while walking with Max and Rebecca to the bus stop I was intrigued by the frost on the mailbox. Beautiful crystals of ice rimed the thumb latch. I didn't have my camera with me, but after the bus picked up the dynamic duo I headed back to the house to remedy the lack.

Sadly in the 20 minutes between first seeing the frost and then actually having a camera in hand the rising sun had did its damage. All that was left on our mailbox were drops of water. Luckily our neighbor's mailbox was still enshrouded with shade. Sunlight was just starting to dapple the surface when I took this photo. It isn't perfect, but I did capture the essence of the beauty I saw.


Frost on the berries
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
On the way back to the house I kept an eye out for any more frosty delights and I was not disappointed. I snapped a few pictures here and there of leaves delicately painted by frost. My favorite one is of these bright red berries. I didn't have to modify the picture in any way. This is exactly how my camera captured the image. You can see the individual ice crystals on the berries and how the leaves are all edged with frost. I think the stick as a nice counterpoint in the composition.

Sometimes it pays to slow down and notice the little things.

No comments: