Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm Glad That's Over


taking data
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
We did it.

Jake finished his mandatory science fair project this morning and was able to hand it in on time.

After much hemming and hawing he settled on a fairly quick project that entailed melting ice. So last night he spent his time watching 18 ice cubes melt at various speeds. The high point of the evening was when he declared "watching ice cubes melt is not nearly as boring as I thought it would be.


Is It Gone
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
He had eighteen little bowls to watch so I'm glad he found it somewhat entertaining. Meanwhile I set up the spread sheet and did the formatting to make the whole display look purty.

I think the hardest part of the whole she-bang was keeping track of the little slivers of ice before that melted away.

No comments: