Sunday, November 22, 2009

One More Shot


one more shot
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Last week I finally got rid of the pumpkins. Normally I dispose of them before Nate's birthday, but a week's worth of torrential rain put the kibosh on that notion.

Its hard to garner enthusiasm for lugging slimy pumpkins across the yard and into the woods when its absolutely pouring outside. Then I needed to give the lawn a few days to dry out so as not to create ruts with the wagon.

On the whole the pumpkins were not too bad, most were filled with water and only a few had turned to mush. The fellow pictured here proved to be the most durable of the bunch. I had to take one last picture before carting him away. I loved the bright orange surrounded by the the fallen red leaves. It is such a classic fall picture.

No comments: