Monday, December 14, 2009

Fourth Night


fourth night
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Tonight is the fourth night of Chanukah.

Today I picked up another Chanukah menorah while rattling about Richmond. It's in the foreground of today's picture and is a very simple affair as it is made from an old bicycle chain.

I got it in a store called Ten Thousand Villages. It is a fair trade shop that has all sorts of quirky hand made goods. I noticed the menorah a couple of weeks ago, but held off on buying it. We all ready have quite a few and we really don't need another one.

And yet it appealed to me.

Maybe it's cunning design drew me in or maybe the fact that I love to ride my bike. Whatever the reason, I kept thinking of it. I described it to Larry and he thought it sounded very interesting as well.

So today I decided I would stop by and see if they still had them.

Obviously they did and so we are the proud owners of a bicycle chain menorah.

No comments: