Sunday, December 06, 2009

Relaxing?

Whoever thinks weekends are relaxing does not have children.

We had this weekend the following events:

Lacrosse camp for Nate
Science and Engineering conference for Jake (8:30 to 2:30 on Saturday)
Hebrew school for all four on Sunday: Jacob as a teacher's aide, Max, Rebecca, and Nate as students.

And

Dinner out with the Grandparents that flew down for the weekend to visit our crazy home and dote upon their grandchildren. The dinner was to celebrate three birthdays, Larry's, his mother's and mine.

A romantic birthday dinner for just Larry and I at the very fancy (and tasty) 1 North Belmont. Interestingly I discovered that romantic candle lit interiors completely neutralize my purple hair color. Our server got quite a surprise when she let us out and my hair's full empurpled glory was reveled under the street lights.

And finally I had a Christmas cookie swap to bake for and attend today. So now I have a big pile of assorted cookies to nosh on.

I'm not saying it wasn't fun, but it was far from relaxing.

No comments: