Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Nana!

Today is not only the anniversary of the midnight ride of Paul Revere, it is also the birthday of my favorite octogenarian.

Last year, along with my brother, I was able to visit my mother and celebrate her 80th in style. We went out, we spent hours and hours talking, and just had a good time.

This year we couldn't visit. I had seemingly a million commitments this weekend and my brother has a new job and a new baby. So we had to settle with long phone calls and flowers.

My cousin was going to come up from Boston and take her out, but at her insistence she put it off for a few weeks. He was busy and she knew he would be stretching himself mighty thin with the visit. She declared that if the Queen of England can pick when her birthday was to be celebrated, then she could too. May should have nicer weather and her nephew could have a far more leisurely visit.

That's my mom, Queen of Vermont.

1 comment:

Larry G said...

God save the Queen of the Green Mountains!