Friday, April 02, 2010

Welcome to the World Baby Girl!

A title to a good book and a wonderful piece of news.

Today my brother became a father and I got a brand new niece.

She's a healthy 8 pounds and has bright red hair, just like her daddy when he was a baby. We have all been on pins and needles the past week and half awaiting her arrival. My brother has a job that takes him away from home and it was a worry if he would be around. But my sister in law got to have her husband home on the big day and he will get to spend some time with his newly expanded family before he has to leave again.

Sadly they live far, far away so I won't be able to visit right now, but maybe we can visit later this year. I was thinking about such a trip earlier in the day and my husband called me up from work and suggested maybe we could all go this summer. It's nice when you are married to someone on the same wavelength.

I really want to see the latest addition to the family, as do the rest of of us. Hopefully we'll get pictures soon.

No comments: