Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Artist of the Week: Doing the Flamingo

This week's artist is an unnamed (at least as far as I know) dancer at the Metro Richmond Zoo.

We noticed him (or her) while we were still inside the aviary. I can safely say that all three of us (Jake, Rebecca and myself) were all greatly amused by his antics. Rebecca declared he was dancing and I quickly agreed that it really looked like some sort of dance. So when we passed by the flamingo enclosure we waited to see if he would do it again.



And as you can see in the film above, he did not disappoint.

I know the flamingo is not really dancing, just churning the mud to release any insects hiding within the mud to feed upon. But, the bird did his mud stomping with such panache that it really seemed like a little dance.

No comments: