Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Boy and his Waffle Maker

A Boy and his Waffle Maker by Teckelcar
A Boy and his Waffle Maker, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This is possibly the best present ever.

On the last night of Hanukkah we gave Max his very own waffle maker. He has been wanting us to get one for years, but I just wasn't interested in getting a single use kitchen appliance. Then a few months ago a friend got her son a waffle maker for his birthday and that got me thinking.

So it was on my mind as I cruised the aisles of Kroger getting odds and ends. When I saw the waffle makers on display I realized that would be the perfect present. A little different, but it would be the right thing to get. I called Larry and he agreed, so into the cart the waffle maker went.

I admit I was feeling a little trepidation before Max unwrapped his present, but I think that smile says that we were right.

No comments: