Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Baking With Julia- Finnish Pulla

Finnish Pulla by Teckelcar
Finnish Pulla, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Ha! I did it! I'm back on schedule, at least for now.

This week's baked good for Baking with Julia was Finnish Pulla and the host is The Daily Morsel.

The bread is absolutely outstanding, it is a slightly sweet bread with a wonderfully fluffy texture. The cardamon adds a wonderful flavor to the bread and made the kitchen smell amazing while it baked. My loaf isn't as pretty as the others, I couldn't be bothered to roll out the dough to the full 36 inches. Two feet was enough for me and I ended up with a chunkier loaf.

Looks aside, Jacob and Nate loved it and I almost had to beat them off with a stick. Half of the loaf is gone and I expect the rest will disappear tomorrow. I will certainly make this bread again, the boys said they want it every week. I see it at most a monthly thing, cardamon is just too expensive to bake with on a weekly basis. Either way this recipe gets a big thumbs up from me.

3 comments:

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

It really is an outstanding bread. I like the look of it in loaf form. I'm going to do that next time.
I was lucky I found cardamom pods in our bulk food store and they were cheap. (under a dollar for 20 pods and I only used 10 pods for the recipe)
Can't wait to make this again.

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

Two thumbs up! Will be making this again for sure. ~Happy Holidays

Teresa said...

This bread is so easy and good that it could easily become a weekly habit. Of course, you could always substitute other spices for cardamom if you were going to make it on the regular.