Sunday, October 13, 2013

Suburban Deer

Suburban Deer by Teckelcar
Suburban Deer, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Friday I stepped out on the deck and saw our deer were out in the backyard. I say our deer because this is the family grouping we regularly see, a couple of does with their fawns and, most recently, a buck or two.  And amazingly enough the deer did not spook, nor did the dogs wake up. I was able to slide back inside and grab my camera.

I was able to spend a good chunk of time taking pictures and moving about on the deck. The trick was to move slowly and quietly and have the camera on quite mode.

A quick aside here, the quite mode is my default. I really dislike all the bloops. beeps, and bleats digital cameras make. All I want to the simple sound of the shutter release and nothing more.

My Backyard by Teckelcar
My Backyard, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Anyhoodle, we have a lot of deer. I still think they are beautiful, but they are a nuisance. We can't have much in the way of flowering plants, they are a road hazard in the neighborhood, and they drive the dogs crazy. At this point I call them the tall rats. Even when they nicely line up for a group photo. Well except for the little guy, but kids are like that.

No comments: