Tuesday, July 11, 2006

How Does Our Garden Grow

The green beans and the cucumbers are really taking off. We even had a tiny little harvest of a handful of green beans last Friday.

I like our little garden out on the deck. You get to really see the plants grow and produce.

It is remarkable how you go from theses lovely yellow blooms

cucumberblossoms
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

to this funny little baby cucumber:

cucumber
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

The green beans have one of the prettiest blossoms

greenbeanblossom
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

and I love the beans they produce.

greenbeans2
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

They all look so fresh and tasty with the raindrops clinging to the leaves.

The tomatoes are not fairing as well. I blame the weather. We had a week of nearly 90 degree weather in early spring followed by a cold snap. The constant rain has also been a trial for my tomato plants. One looks stunted, but the other is struggling on. I give the stunted one another week or so and then I replace it with something a bit more robust.

No comments: