Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Artist of the Week: Turkey

This week’s artist is Nate.


leafNate
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

Fall is so much fun, especially when you can get your siblings to bury you in a pile of leaves.

Today’s artistic selection was a family project that Nate and I did just before Thanksgiving.


turkey
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

Nate brought home an outline of a turkey that we were to decorate. We were free to do whatever we wanted to do to the turkey once we cut it out. It is a standard second grade project in our school; I had done the same thing three years ago with Jake.

Nate determined what to put on each area and I assisted by spreading the glue. The only suggestion I made was that the tail feathers could use a little more color. Originally he wanted to only use the pretzels, but urged him to use the leaf sprinkles. I thought they would add some much needed color to the bird. I think he only agreed just to make me happy, but he did like the end result.

The bird came back home a few days ago, it was quickly photographed and then trashed. Normally I like keeping the various projects that the kids bring home, but not this time. The turkey is covered in food and will eventually attract vermin and be consumed. So I saved it and present it for y’all to enjoy.

No comments: