Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sometimes It’s a Minivan, Sometimes It’s a Pick-up

Last week I broke the lawn tractor. Well maybe I didn’t personally break it, I just happened to be the one using it when it went dead.

I had successfully backed it out the shed and up to the lawn. It was happily idling away when I engaged the mower blades, than with a mighty clunk it stop cold when I put it in gear. I tried restarting it, but nothing happened. I poked, prodded, called my husband out and even READ THE MANUEL. But still nothing worked.

Rats, I really wanted to take care of the lawn. The tractor has a fancy set of mulching blades that make all of the nasty leaves on the lawn disappear. The leaves are gone, the lawn is fed and I don’t have to rake.

So now we have a choice of paying the lawn mower repair place come get the mower or we bring it in ourselves. Since we are cheap frugal, we opted for bringing it in ourselves. I had to clear out the seats and the miscellaneous junk there in and helped Larry load the beast into the van. And here is the photographic proof that you can fit a lawn tractor into a minivan:

This is what it looks like after we stuffed it in.


TractorinVan
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

And here is another view showing the ramps we use to get the tractor in and out of the van.


TractorinVan+ramps
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

It all fits in rather nicely.

It turns out the PTO switch had gone bad. This is a safety device that kills the engine if nobody is sitting in the seat. Hopefully we will be getting the tractor back soon.

I think we are one of the very few minivan owners out there that really use the full capabilities of their minivan.

No comments: