Thursday, December 07, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

Since a few days ago I shared photos of my husband on his birthday, it’s only fair that I do the same.

I’ve gone from this little pixie in the chair (with my father and the wonderful poodle we inherited.)


Sarah__Grandpa_Ralph_and_Casey
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

To this aficionado of the beach.


Ocean_beach
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

You even get to see Larry there next to me. This was taken at Ocean Beach in New London, CT. It is the closest public beach to our college and, on that particular day, it was invaded by Canada Geese.

My big plans today are to deposit the children at their various schools, not do laundry and not do dishes. I might even take a nap or go shopping for some new dress boots.

Rebecca asked me what was going on today and this is what we said:

“It’s my birthday.”

“Yay!” At which point both arms went into the air and she danced a bit and than paused.

“Who’ll make the cake?” Because that’s what truly matters to her.

“Daddy will.”

“Daddy? Daddy doesn’t make cakes.” At which point she wandered off.

Ah, but Daddy does make cakes, his are of the ice cream variety.

No comments: