Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cooking School

The past couple of nights Nate and Jake have asked me about learning how to cook. Rebecca has always shadowed me in the kitchen and loves to help out by mixing, adding ingredients and trying to crack an egg or two, Nate and Jake's interest is a new thing. Nate asked if he could cook something the past two nights and I told him he could do it this weekend. Jake, listening in, piped up that he wanted to learn too.

So it looks like I'll have a little cooking school this weekend. I found some key limes at the store so I'll have Jake make a key lime pie. It is one of his favorite desserts and I think he'll get a kick learning how to make it. Nate I haven't figured out yet. He said he wants to make dinner, maybe I'll teach him how to make a nice pasta sauce or we could make matzo ball soup. I'm not sure, I'll have to talk it over with him.

No comments: