Sunday, February 03, 2008

Theme Music

I love movies. I love going to the theater with a big tub of popcorn and getting completely lost in what is going on up on the screen. And a bit of this love of movies has bled into the rest of my life.

I have this rather odd habit of adding a soundtrack to my life. When I'm just puttering around the house I'll unconsciously start humming some sort of theme song. This often happens when I'm on the phone and I have to go get something related to the conversation. Meryl pointed out this quirk of mine and today she noted I was humming the theme from Indiana Jones. Some of my other selections are various bits from Star Wars, the main theme to Brazil (I love, love, love that movie and I need to pick up the Criterion Collection box at some point) and the ever popular bit from Yellowbeard "stagger, stagger, crawl, crawl."

So I can completely relate to a Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove when he makes his own theme music when he's hauling an unconscious and llamafied Kuzco from the palace.

No comments: