Sunday, February 17, 2008

Yet Another Thing I Will Never Do

Like most people, I have a mental list of things I would like to do before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Things like go to Australia, visit all 50 states, get a wholly impractical car (something sporty and not mom-like) and other such stuff.

Then there are the things I will never, ever do.


That is totally insane. My mind can't grasp the idea of willingly swimming to the edge of a 360 foot high cliff. I don't do heights and I found this out when My husband and I drove up the "Going-to-the-Sun-Road" in Glacier National Park. It was the most harrowing car ride in my life. I made my husband do it and kept my eyes shut when we drove along the cliff face. Every fiber in my being was straining away from the cliff's edge. The funny part was that it was a gloriously sunny, summer day.

So yeah, I don't do heights.

No comments: