Monday, March 23, 2009

The Apple Doesn't Fall Very Far


headshot
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Nate for the past year has been growing his hair. After the fiorst few disastrous attempts to shape his unruly mop we have settled on a mutually acceptable haircut. A cut, mind you, that I have been saying for quite some gives him a serious 70's vibe.

This weekend I got irrefutable proof that Nate is channeling the mid-seventies. Larry's mom sent us a mailer crammed with a huge number of photographs. There are pictures of long gone relatives, portraits of Larry's mom with her siblings and a few of Larry and his brother when they were much younger.

The one that made me laugh was Larry's fourth grade picture from 1975. It turns out at age 10 he had exactly the same haircut Nate has at age 10 in fourth grade. Their faces are different, but lord the similarities are striking.


baseball
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Even better we got a picture of Larry with his baseball team. Larry's hair is a bit fluffier and his face a bit squarer, but you can see the resemblance. I think the expressions match better when I switch Nate's face between the baseball and the head shot comparisons, but you get the idea.

I think they are both unbelievably cute and I feel like I had contributed nothing at all to Nate's appearance. At least I have Jake and Max to console me, although Max looks more like my brother than me.

No comments: