Sunday, May 24, 2009

Baking With the Pioneer Woman


Strawberry shortcake cake
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
In honor of the red boys birthday I decided to make a cake for the non-canine members of the family. As to what kind of cake, well I had a three pound box of strawberries and a a couple of bricks of cream cheese in the fridge. The two big ingredients for Ree's Strawberry Shortcake Cake.

It looked and sounded so good on her website I just had to give it a whirl.

And boy did it deliver. The whole thing was scrumptious. I brought it to services Friday night for oneg and it was a big hit. On Saturday one of my fellow congregates asked, with a twinkle in his eye, did you make this? Good, my birthday is in August.

Just one lone slice may it back home.

The only thing i would change is to cut back just a bit on the sugar in the cream cheese frosting, but that's it. Even if you don't bake you should really check out Ree's site. The directions on baking the cake are worth the trip.

I quote: "Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until no longer jiggly like my bottom."

Lord the woman is funny.

No comments: