Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Artist of the Week: Parrot


Rebecca
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
This weeks artist is the far from camera shy Rebecca. She and her twin are always up for a photo session as opposed to her older brothers. It's not that I can't photograph them, although for about a year and half Jake flat out refused. Then when when it can to make my annual photo calendar for the family, he felt a bit left out when he saw how few pictures of him there were for me to chose from. That cured him right quick.

No, it's more of endless procrastination. Later mom, I'm busy.

With Max and Rebecca I might get a why now as they follow me along, but in the end they are happy to indulge me and my camera.


parrot
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Anyhoodle, Rebecca brought home this picture sometime near the end of the school year. It's a lovely picture of a bird on the flowering tree. My first thought was that the bird looks very much like Janis's Lucy over on Gone South. I know Eclectus does not have the band of yellow, but that was the first bird that sprang to mind.

It's a nicely composed picture that fills the page. The bird is perched on a branch in a fairly realistic pose, which I'm sure is from all the bird watching we do at the breakfast table. She is a very observant person (as are her brothers) and she is developing quite a talent in translating what she sees onto paper.

As I'm sure I have mentioned before, I love how she is not afraid to fill the page. She can make teeny tiny little drawings, but those are more of a result of the size of the paper. It's always fun to she what she'll draw next.

No comments: