Friday, July 24, 2009

A Lovely Lunch


fresh tomatoes
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
The other day the boys had penne (or as we call it tubes) for lunch. Since they are a bunch of gastronomic heathens I gave them jarred sauce for their pasta. They were perfectly happy and together they ate about 1/2 pound of pasta.

I however decided to use up some grape tomatoes we had hanging about. A little butter and some olive oil was heated up. I chopped up some garlic and tossed it into the butter and oil mixture. In the meantime I roughly chopped the tomatoes and fresh basil. When the garlic was all brown and lovely I tossed in what I had just cut up. A minute or so later I finished it off with a splash of balsamic vinegar, a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper.

It smelled heavenly and tasted divine.

No comments: