Thursday, May 05, 2011

Morning Blooms


Clematis
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
I'm slowly getting the hang of my new camera.

Some things I like more, others less than my previous camera.

The macro feature is greatly improved. With the previous camera I would often have to keep re-shooting a picture until I would finally get the right spot in focus. My current camera is far more cooperative.

The clematis picture is pretty much straight out of the camera, all I did was crop it down a bit. he focus was perfect, you can clearly see the little drops of dew that dot the surface and the background is nicely blurred.


Peony
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
As for the peony, it truly is straight out of the camera.

The bloom is still mostly furled, but in a day or so it will open up and delight me with all it's chaotic glory. I just love the messy look of a fully opened peony and I love the color of this one in particular. Our peonies are amongst the very few plants we have put in. The deer aren't terribly interested in the peonies since I started planting them years and years ago and for that I'm very grateful.

No comments: