Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Grandmother and Granddaughter

Of all the photos I took on vacation I think this one, by a large margin, was the most important.

I didn't even think of taking a picture of my mother with her latest grandchild until I saw the two of them together. I had my camera on hand and quickly took a couple before Sofia wiggled out of her grandmother's lap and was off doing important toddler things.

It's a wonderful portrait of the two of them together. They both look relaxed and happy to be with each other. Sofia has the cutest little smile that her hand can't obscure and my mother has Sofia nestled in the crook of her arm.

I'm so glad we were able to visit at the same time as my brother's family (I wonder when I'll get used to saying my brother's family!) at our mother's home. It was a delightful visit and I wished we could have all stayed longer.

No comments: