Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Artist of the Week: Penguin

Max and the bunny by Teckelcar
Max and the bunny, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Max is the week's artist.

This picture was from the same party that had the bunnies. In fact Max has the more heavily marked rabbit in his lap. Max enjoyed the animals, but I think he had more fun with the boy that had arrived with the petting zoo. The boy is roughly the same age (maybe a bit younger) and seemed to be the son of the owners. Max thought the boy was a guest and when it was time for the animals to leave Max was shocked that his new friend had to leave as well.

Anyway, Max had a good time.

As for this week's art, this little gem was found as I was clearing out some old school papers from Max's school work drawer.
Penguin by Teckelcar
Penguin, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.

I don't remember seeing it when it first came home, but I'm glad I eventually got to see it. The smart little penguin is on an eight inch blue disk of paper that was carefully cut out. I like the confident air of the penguin as it appears to walk towards the viewer. The one upraised foot neatly coveys motion to the figure. I love the over-sized flippers and how the penguin is not quite centered on the disk.

I think it is a charming picture and I'm glad I made its acquaintance.

No comments: